Monday, March 26, 2012

Boon 4 Pack Odd Ducks Fun but could be better constructed


Boon 4 Pack Odd Ducks
  • BPA-free, Phthalate-free, and PVC-free
  • Set of four ducks
  • Bath toys encourage water play
  • Adorable and safe! I love these ducks! I got them for my 8 month oldhe loves chewing on soft plastic toys and I worry about toxins. These are made from the safest kind of plastic and they are water tight so mold can't grow inside. They are also brightly colored with super cute designs. They seem very well made and I think they are going to last for yearsthey seemed a little pricy but they are the last soft plastic toys I will be buying. I threw away all the cheap vinyl toys we had and have these ducks scattered around the house. They have inspired me to get rid of as many toxins as I can in the bathroomI replaced our vinyl shower curtain with a fabric one and got a natural rubber bath mat.
    Kids Love 'Em So Do I I bought this set when my cousin brought his twoyearold daughter to visit for vacation. We don't have any kids so we don't have any toys. I bought these because I thought they looked pretty sturdy and stylish. She loved them and played with them the entire time even out of the bathtub. She loved that they each had a different look feel and name and loved carrying them around and lining them up on the table. When they were packing up to leave I thought about giving them to her when I realized how much I love them too. SoooooooI still have my awesome rubber ducks and I now have a great Christmas present idea for her.
    Toxic Fumes! This is my first review on Amazon ever! When I opened the box these baby toys smelled strongly of toxic fumes like paint or permanent markers. There is no way I can give these to my child. Despite being PVCfree it is clear from the smell that something they are made from is no good. I am guessing it is the paint. I immediately boxed them back up for return to Amazon. Luckily Amazon is a wonderful company for accommodating returns. Also unlike the advertisement water can easily get in the bottom since the ducks are not solid. And of course if you need another reason they are made in China. If you are thinking about getting these ducks please read all the negative reviews under the individual duck products such as Bob Odd Duck
    Good ducks Good ducks. A little pricy. They are big enough for kids to play with and very colorful. Kind of lean forward in the water but does not bother us. The main thing about them is that they won't get moldy due to not having 'squirt holes'.
    LOVE these! We love this set of ducks. I'll never buy those bath squirties again mold eventually grows inside. These are the only ducks I could find that don't trap water inside. I can tell these will be quite durable since we won't have to throw them away due to mold. My two daughters love theseI love that they are completely safe durable and colorful.
    Baby loves them I got these for my 9 month old for Christmas and he adores them! We have a lot of fun playing with them both inside and outside of the bathtub. In terms of toxicity they seem safer than most bath toys. They also look really cute in the bathroom. We have the Original Rubber Ducks as well and those are fun because you can fill them with water and squirt them which the Boon ducks cannot do.
    Great fun and adorable bath toys. Had these toy for 2 years and just replaced them with a new set. We love them that much! These ducks and boon scrubbles have been my daughter's favorite bath toys since she was a baby. She loves them just as much the 2nd time around! I am sure our new baby will love them too. Our child stays entertained with these toys.
    Unique and lovely little duckies These duckies are so great I love that I got them on a sale price and I love all four of them. My son now 1 month shy of turning 2 years old loves them. I don't believe he has a favorite though as he seems to line them up and play with them equally during bath time. I have the orange one out for the pool during the summer and he quacks along for it the whole time. They are high quality and I recommend soaking them in a clorox bath to clean them every week or so to disinfect them. Other then that they seem well made and I think will last him as well as any siblings to come wonderfully.
    Fun but could be better constructed Great concept love the fun colors and different shapes. My 2 year old loves them and always wants to take them out of the tub when she plays with them she also likes telling me what colors they have on them.Problem the boon ducks have these weighted bottoms attached to help them stay up right when floating in the water. When we first opened the package the bottom of the blue one was already separating. It seems that they are glued on and while they are still stay upright the only one that the bottom hasn't begun separating from is the orange and white one. Surprisingly my little one hasn't pulled them off but its something they could improve on so this doesn't happen. I would definitely get them again though and ours didn't have any weird smells. I will add a picture of what happened with them.
    Great Concept Stinky Packaging I was very excited about this product. However I hate it when I order a product that is free etc. and then when I get it it says Made in China. I don't know how much I trust that. I guess I should have found that information before purchasing it.My biggest complaint with this product is that when I got it and eagerly tore into the packaging I about fell over from the chemical stink that radiated from the ducks. While they may be PVC BPA and the like free that apparently didn't stop them from painting the design on them with spray paint or so it smelled definitely something along those lines!. YUCK. Kind of defeated the whole purpose of purchasing them in my opinion. My kid will definitely be chewing on them in the bathtub a plant based paint would be WAY more on target with the product.


    BPA-free, Phthalate-free, and PVC-free.Set of four ducks.Bath toys encourage water play. Not your average rubber ducky. Kids are all different shapes and sizes, shouldn't rubber ducks come that way too? Meet Slim, Bob, Jane, and Squish. We're not trying to encourage a rubber ducky smackdown, but Odd Ducks are PVC-free unlike those other mucky ducks. And ours do not hold water, so they won't grown that black mold that kids always try to suck out.


    Related Products
    • Boon Bath Tub Appliques, Dive Excellent product high quality I am a first time mom and initially purchased a set of inexpensive alphabet foam letters from a major baby store when I was pregnant with my daughter. While I'm not extremely cautious/obsessed about BPAfree ...Read the full

    • Boon Splat Floating Ring Toss Great and easy to clean This toy is easy to clean. A great change from the gunk filled squirting toys.The base is about the diameter of a DVD and the rings are the size of a 12oz can. I bought this six months ago and my daughter is now 2. It ...Read the full

    • Green Toys Tugboat The Little Tug That Could . . . Here is a perfect example of a simple toy of multiple uses. I first ordered this cute little tug because my 15 month old daughter didn't have many tub toys . . . or rather almost all of ...Read the full

    • Skip Hop Dunks Stacking Bath Toy, Blue, Green, Yellow Wonderful Bath Toy! My daughter received these Skip Hop Dunck toys for Christmas. She is 10 months old right now and she loves to watch them float around the tub. My 3 year old son also loves to fill them up and pour the water out of them. I also use them as a ...Read the full

    • Boon Scrubble Interchangeable Bath Toy Squirt Set Multicolor Cute baby not really interested in them though I like that these scrubbies can open so mold doesn't grow in them and I like the quality. With that being said there is not much of a purpose for them. They are very hard and not very ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Boon 4 Pack Odd Ducks Fun but could be better constructed Post a Comment

    bathtub toys for kids Popular Posts